About Us | Exam Results 2017
Exam Results 2017
Students at The Thomas Lord Audley School have been very successful again this year. Students have done particularly well in English and Mathematics.
In German 17 students achieved an A or A* and in Geography it was 21 students. Congratulations to Ben Clarke who has achieved the best set of grades at TLA securing 9 A* or grade 8/9s.
There are many students who are very pleased with their results. This was down to their hard work and commitment to achieving their best and also the total dedication of the staff who supported them.
The excellent results that students have gained means that students have accepted on the post-16 course of their choice and most will not need to retake GCSE English or Mathematics. We wish them every success in the future!
We continue to see a pattern of improved achievement in all year groups in the school and this is reflected in the improved results over the last 2 years.
We are looking forward to building on our success and continuing our journey of improvement this year.
- English and Maths:
- English 75% Grade 4+ and 57% Grade 5+
- Maths 63% Grade 4+ and 39% Grade 5+
- Overall 59% Grade 4+ in both English and Maths
- Overall 36% Grade 5+ in both English and Maths
- Science – 56% C+ - Core = above national average
- Other subjects improved or performed well
- Students in German, Geography and PE did particularly well